Toyota Hilux Updated
For more than a decade the Toyota Hilux much like it’s SUV sibling the Fortuner has dominated the Bakkie and SUV segments respectively. Their ability to be comfortable urban transporters and rugged off-road explorers has made a favourite amongst South African. For the 2021 model year, The Hilux and Fortuner have been updated with bold exterior designs, A powerful new engine and more technology features.
The Hilux features a three-dimensional grille, new bumpers together redesigned front LED headlights which enhances the frontend’s rugged look and makes it look similar to the Toyota Tundra (not available for the SA market). Alongside you will notice the Hilux sits on 18 ” Black alloys, this together will the updated front and rear shock absorber as well as improved leaf spring design to ensure a much smoother and comfortable drive.
Off-road capability has also been approved thanks to a new electronic function replicating the effect of a mechanical LSD (on 2WD models); the lowering of engine speed at idle from 850 rpm to 680 rpm and a tuned accelerator response for greater driver control, an updated VSC system and a new tyre angle monitor.
The range-topping Toyota Hilux 2.8 GD which is powered by a 2.8-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder engine receives a power boost from the current model’s 130kW/450Nm for the automatic and 130kW/420Nm for the manual, to 150kW/500Nm for the automatic and 150kW/420Nm for the manual
The interior receives subtle updates the most noticeable being a new 8″ infotainment screen which makes use of mechanical buttons, dials and has features such as Apple Carplay, Android Auto and Satellite Navigation. Top of the range models will receive as well as a 9-speaker JBL Premium Sound System incorporating an 800W 8-channel amplifier and CLARi-Fi technology.
Toyota South Africa says The Legend 50 package served as a lifecycle refresh action for the South African market and therefore the introduction of the new model is still some months away.
The all-new Toyota Hilux is will be available from Mid-October 2020:
- Single Cab 2,0 VVTi S: R291,100
- Single Cab 2,0 VVTi S AC: R299,800
- Single Cab 2,7 VVTi RB S: R386,700
- Single Cab 2,4 GD S: R328,400
- Single Cab 2,4 GD S AC: R337,200
- Single Cab 2,4 GD-6 RB SR: R414,500
- Single Cab 2,4 GD-6 RB Raider: R447,800
- Single Cab 2,4 GD-6 RB Raider AT: R466,100
- Single Cab 2,4 GD-6 4×4 SR: R482,000
- Single Cab 2,4 GD-6 4×4 Raider: R520,700
- Single Cab 2,8 GD-6 RB Raider AT: R532,300
- Single Cab 2,4 GD-6 4×4 Raider AT: R540,900
- Single Cab 2,8 GD-6 4×4 Raider AT: R602,400
- Xtra Cab 2,4 GD-6 RB Raider: R460,000
- Xtra Cab 2,4 GD-6 RB Raider AT: R478,200
- Xtra Cab 2,8 GD-6 RB Legend: R550,000
- Xtra Cab 2,8 GD-6 RB Legend AT: R574,900
- Xtra Cab 2,8 GD-6 4×4 Legend: R622,000
- Xtra Cab 2,8 GD-6 4×4 Legend AT: R647,300
- 2,7 VVTi RB S: R440,000
- 2,4 GD-6 RB SR: R476,900
- 2,4 GD-6 RB Raider: R505,200
- 2,4 GD-6 RB Raider AT: R521,200
- 2,4 GD-6 4×4 SR: R549,200
- 2,4 GD-6 4×4 Raider: R583,700
- 2,4 GD-6 4×4 Raider AT: R609,500
- 2,8 GD-6 RB Legend: R620,500
- 2,8 GD-6 RB Raider AT: R631,900
- 2,8 GD-6 RB Legend AT: R696,200
- 2,8 GD-6 4×4 Raider AT: R706,400
- 2,8 GD-6 4×4 Legend: R733,500
- 4,0 V6 4×4 Legend AT: R765,200
- 2,8 GD-6 4×4 Legend AT: R765,600
- 2,8 GD-6 4×4 Legend RS: R819,000
- Double Cab 2,8 GD-6 4×4 Legend RS AT: R851,100
All Hilux models have a 3-year/100,000 km warranty and a 9-services/90,000 km service plan.